Students in this program pay a special tuition rate, which does not differ between residents and non-residents of Maryland. This rate is not fully covered by graduate assistantships, fellowships or tuition remission. Additional graduate student fees are charged. Tuition and fees are subject to change.
This program does not provide departmental assistantships or fellowships. Loans, work-study and need-based grants for citizens and permanent residents with demonstrated financial need may submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by appropriate FAFSA deadlines. MAGE students can also apply for an administrative graduate assitantship. Additional resources for graduate students are available here.
|Fall 2020 - Summer 2021 Tuition and Fees|
|Tuition:||$1028.00 per credit hour|
|Fees:||$417.50 for part-time (1 - 8 credits) graduate students taking classes at the College Park campus. This amount includes a $76.50 technology fee.|
|$817.50 for full-time (9 or more credits) graduate students taking classes at the College Park campus. This amount includes a $153.00 technology fee.|
|(Tuition x Credit Hours + Fees)||One course: $1028.00 x 3 = $3,084.00 + $417.50 = $3,501.50|
|Two courses: $1028.00 x 6 = $6168.00 + $417.50 = $6,585.50|
|Three courses: $1028.00 x 9 = $9252.00 + $817.50 = $10,069.50|
|Remote Sites in Maryland|
|Tuition:||$1028.00 per credit hour|
|Fees:||$150.00 per class for courses taken via DETS at remote sites, plus a $76.50 technology fee.|
|(Tuition x Credit Hours + DETS Fees + Technology Fee)||One course: $1028.00 x 3 = $3084.00 + $150.00 + $76.50 = $3,310.50|
|Two courses: $1028.00 x 6 = $6168.00 + $300.00 + $76.50 = $6,544.50|
|Three courses: $1028.00 x 9 = $9252.00 + $450.00 + $153.00 = $9,855.00|
|Tuition:||$1,272.00 per credit hour|
|Fees:||$76.50 Technology Fee for part-time. $153.00 for full-time.|
|(Tuition x Credit Hours + Technology fee)||One course - $1,272.00 x 3 = $3,816.00 + $76.50 = $3,892.50|
|Two courses - $1,272.00 x 6 = $7,632.00 + $76.50 = $7,708.50|
|Three courses - $1,272.00 x 9 = $11,448.00 + $153.00 = $11,601.00|
Tuition Fees, Billing and Payment Information
- Billing Due Dates
- Payment Methods
- Third Party/Sponsored Billing: Third Party/Sponsored Billing is when a private or government agency is paying any portion of your tuition or fees AND they are requesting a bill from the University.
- Monthly Bill Access
- Note regarding Summer Semesters: All students who register for undergrad courses with Office of Extended Studies sections are subject to the summer deadlines. Graduate courses and those with non-Office of Extended Studies sections are subject to the regular billing deadlines as stated on the monthly statements from Student Financial Services, generally the 20th of the month.
- ENPM Students taking BMGT Courses: The Robert H. Smith School of Business charges differential (higher) tuition to all students who enroll in master's level (600-799) courses. Taking the differential tuition into account in course planning is a student's individual responsibility. Please visit the Smith School of Business website that contains detailed information on the differential tuition rate for both in-state and out-of-state students.
- Please note that Advanced Special Students will pay either the in-state or out-of-state graduate tuition rate based on their current status. If you are unsure of your status, please contact the Residency Classification Office.
- Please note that any student enrolled in an online course will pay the online tuition rate ($1,272.00/credit hour and $76.50 technology fee) regardless of their status (including Advanced Special Students).
- International Students: Effective Fall 2017, the University of Maryland (UMD) began charging a fee of $125 per semester for all newly enrolled students requiring an I-20 issued by the University or degree seeking students in J-1 status. Students enrolled in an academic program operating on the 12-week calendar, who require an I-20 isssued by UMD or a DS-2019 will be charged a fee of $62.50 per term. UMD will use the revenue from this fee to enhance support for our international students to include improved academic support, expanded assistance for students transitioning to the U.S. and international student-focused cultural events to foster an engaged, supportive community.