Requirements specific to the mechanical engineering program include:
- A bachelor's degree, GPA of 3.0 or better, in engineering from an accredited institution.
- Successful completion of all of the following courses (or their equivalent):
- Math: Calculus I, II, and III, and Differential Equations
- Engineering: Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, and Heat Transfer
- Program specializations also require completion of the following courses (or their equivalent):
- Energy & the Environment: no additional courses beyond those listed above
- General Mechanical: Dynamics, Strength of Materials/Structural Mechanics, Vibrations, and Controls
For a complete list of admission requirements, visit the Application Process page. Completed applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.