The University of Maryland plans to resume normal operations at full capacity for the fall 2021 semester.
All students, staff and faculty who plan to return to campus for the fall 2021 semester are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The university requires returning students, staff and faculty to receive their second Pfizer or Moderna shot or only Johnson & Johnson shot by August 2, 2021. A vaccine exemption may be requested due to medical or religious reasons.
COVID-19 Links and Resources
- UMD Guidelines
- UMD Vaccine Requirements for Fall 2021
- COVID-19 Related Disability Accommodations & Requests for Consideration
- Vaccine Information for Students Arriving from Outside the U.S.
- ISSS FAQ During COVID-19
- UMD Student COVID Relief Grant II (HEERF III): All graduate students with financial need, including international students, are ecnouraged to apply. All graduate students (degree-seeking, non-degree seeking or certificate-seeking) who were enrolled on or after March 13, 2020 are eligible.
- Keep Learning: a website is designed to share guidance and resources that can help you make the shift to remote learning and to provide ideas for keeping connected to UMD faculty, staff, and fellow Terps while we’re all away from campus.
- Graduate School Information: Website with guidance for GAs and answers to frequently asked questions.
- Counseling: Resources are available through the Counseling Center to help you cope and manage your mental health during this difficult time.