Maryland Applied Graduate Engineering (MAGE) offers travel grants for students in the Professional Master of Engineering (M.Eng) program. The travel grants are intended to help defray the expenses incurred by MAGE graduate students who are traveling to professional conferences to present papers, present posters, or attend career fairs.
Students may receive each grant once during their graduate education in the M.Eng program and there are a limited number of scholarships per conference.
Grants can cover a maximum of three days of hotel, registration, and airfare costs, but exact reward details will be provided at a later date. Considerations for choosing awardees include whether or not the student is presenting, the student’s academic record, and the student’s response to the scholarship questions, among other considerations.
Application Deadline: August 15, 2020
- Must be an attendee, a poster presenter, or other type of presenter
- Must commit to two hours per day at career/recruitment fair booth with MAGE during conference, scheduled ahead of time with recruiter.
- Must be in good academic standing - i.e. must have a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher, be making satisfactory progress towards his/her degree, and be registered for the semester that the conference travel takes place (or, in the case of Winter or Summer, the semester immediately following).
- MAGE will specify deadlines for each conference above
- Fill out the application at the bottom of this page.
MAGE will give the students the awarded funds and will then require the following actions:
- Must arrange booth time with the appropriate MAGE staff member prior to conference attendance
- Must complete the agreed upon booth time at the conference
- Based on availability, awardees may be asked to share a room with other awardees.
- Each student will only be allowed one conference attendee during their duration of study in the program.
- If any of these stipulations are not met, the student will be required to reimburse the award