This option is perfect for engineering students and recent graduates as no experience, degree, or references are required.
The Institute for Systems Research offers a review course for the International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE) Associate Systems Engineering Professional and Certified Systems Engineering Professional exams.
You’ve got the experience and education, now it’s time to be recognized for your expertise and gain a competitive advantage over your peers. Requirements for this certificate include:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
- Minimum of five years professional work experience
- Three professional letters of reference
Preparing for the Review Course
Attendees should have an academic background or professional work experience in systems engineering before registering for the review course. There will be a review of systems engineering principles and practices as explained in the course handbook, but this is only for establishing an understanding for the exam. CSEP attendees will also need to have done an initial review of the CSEP application process to be sure they are ready to proceed.
- Four Days, 8:00am - 5:00pm (UMCP Campus or at your site)
- Review of ASEP/CSEP application process and reference letter process
- Detailed coverage of 2015 INCOSE Systems Engineering Handbook
- Review of structure and characteristics of exam questions
- Lunch, snacks, beverages provided on campus.
- Students will have the knowledge required to apply for the INCOSE certification level appropriate to them.
- Students will have a detailed understanding of the topics covered in the INCOSE Systems Engineering Handbook.
- Student will be prepared to take and pass the INCOSE ASEP/CSEP Examination.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, mathematics, or computer science.
$1,295 - Early Registration (Before September 24th)
$1,495 - Late Registration (After September 24th)
October 8, 2016
October 15, 2016
October 22, 2016
October 29, 2016
Mr. Muth holds a B.S. degree in electrical engineering from Lehigh University and a Master’s degree in engineering management with a concentration in research and development from The George Washington University. He is a Public Management Institute-certified Project Management Professional and INCOSE-certified Expert Systems Engineering Professional.
Mr. Muth has over 36 years of systems engineering, systems architecture, project and program management, communications (IT) engineering and management experience providing support to the U.S. military and intelligence communities. His system engineering experience spans the range of the system engineering key process activities over the life cycle of several systems. He recently served as lead systems engineer for a $500 million government project, as well as integration engineer for three major government systems. His program, project and line management experience includes managing several successful technical programs and projects as well as having profit and loss responsibility for a $100 million line of business. In addition, his communications engineering experience includes satellite and terrestrial long haul transmission, telecommunication networks and voice communications systems; power, grounding and shielding techniques.
Mr. Muth lives in Olney, MD with his wife Cindy. Together they’ve raised four adult children, two cats and an Australian Cattle Dog. In his free time, he can often be found bicycling the hills of Montgomery and Howard counties or flying over them as a Private Pilot.